Frequently Asked Questions
Currently Apple’s position is that they do NOT support family sharing of In-App purchases. If you do want to family share this App, we recommend you get the “Pay upfront EDU” version.
See here for Apple’s position : https://support.apple.com/en-au/HT203046
If you have purchased the “In-App purchases” version and you want to family share, please try it as it does work in many cases. However, if it does not work, please contact Apple for a refund on the version you have purchased and download our “Pay upfront EDU” version.
When you access each Times Table, you will see our “instrumentals” page, this is an overview of how the Times Table is to be sung. To access the actual singing version of the Table press the “Sing” button on the bottom of that page
Both Apps are identical in the way they operate. All features in both versions are the same... The 2 main differences are
- "The way you pay". You pay for the EDU App upfront and all tables come unlocked. The non-EDU App is free to download and you can use the quiz and see the video but then you “In-App purchase” to unlock the tables. The price to unlock ALL the tables in the non-EDU version is the same price as the EDU version. It works out slightly more expensive if you purchase the Tables individually.
- "Family Sharing". APPLE does not support In-App purchases through family sharing. While it does actually work in many cases, it does not in others. If you are wanting to family share, then we recommend that you get the EDU version of the App. (If you're using Android, Google Play are releasing 'Google Play Family Library' in July 2016 but that won't support In-App purchases either).
You sure can. The Quiz levels can be changed from the dropdown in the header on the Quiz homepage. The levels range from Beginner (no time limit) to Expert ( 2 seconds).
Currently the MathsMath Rockx App is only suitable for Apple iPhone/iPod/iPad and Android phones and tablets.
We will be investigating the possibility of developing for PC, Mac and Chromebook in the future.
You cannot add your own songs in to the App.
The process of finding/changing songs is an enormous task.
Finding songs that are cool, fit the table, then seek permission from the artists, negotiate royalty contracts with the publishing houses like Sony, Mushroom etc and then record the songs in a studio with professional singers and sound technicians and then have the App developed so the equations animate at just the right moment is such a long, tough process.
We absolutely wish it was easier.
The “Playlists” feature allows you to create custom Playlists from any of the 11 tracks in the App that you have already purchased. You may setup as many playlists as you like on your device and can have any combination of tracks within each playlist, even add tracks multiple times if you wish.
They are a great tool for your child(ren) to listen to the songs on a loop - depending on what tables they may be learning in class, or what they need to concentrate on. It is also loads of fun to Bluetooth it to the stereo, dance around together or just have it playing in the background like any other album.
- Press the Playlist button on the home screen
- If this is your first playlist you will be taken straight to the Playlist setup process.
- If you have already setup a playlist you’ll be taken to the Playlists home screen where you can click the "+ New Playlist" button and you will be taken to the Playlist setup process.
The Playlist setup process
- Enter a playlist name and OK
- All the songs will appear in the 'Add Tracks' pop up (only tracks you have purchased will be unlocked)
- Press the '+' symbol next to each track to add it to your playlist
- You can have as many tracks as many times as you like in a playlist
- Press the back arrow and you're done!
You do not require internet access to listen to the Tables or to play the Quiz. You only need internet access to watch the video “Why Maths Rockx” that is in the App.
- Apple TV - This is awesome, if your school has it
- You can use a 'Lightning to VGA' adapter. This plugs into your device and then into the cord that attaches to your PC! You can get them from Apple or officeworks and/or online, they are $70 though! You need external speakers as well, Bluetooth or plug in.
Both Apple and Android:
- There are several mirroring software’s available for you to mirror your mobile device to your PC. It depends on your individual preference or experiences. For eg, mirroring360, Reflector 2 and Air Server.
Android (using Teamviewer):
Unlike most Apps, MathsMath Rockx has to pay royalties to the music artists for each download to be able to use such amazing songs. We’d have loved to do the App for free and raise funds by using advertising, but sadly this wasn’t possible.
Generally this happens after you have changed phones and re-downloaded the App to your new device. There is a button labelled “Restore Purchases” on the home page that will unlock any tables you have previously purchased.
If the tables don’t unlock, just make sure you have downloaded the correct version of the App. You may have purchased our “Pay upfront EDU” version initially and then accidentally downloaded our “In-App purchases” version on a new device.
If you have the correct version and the tables still won’t unlock, get in touch with us straight away at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will resolve the issue with you.
As far we know there are a couple of ways you can do this.
Carrier Billing: Some countries offer “carrier billing” where you can purchase apps and have the cost added to your pre-paid or post-paid account. Please check with your provider.
Gift Cards: Both iTunes and Google Play have physical gift cards that can be purchased in retail outlets and then used to redeem Apps on your device.
Yes. MathsMath Rockx is available in Apple’s Volume Purchase Program. Unfortunately, due to the royalties we pay to the fabulous music artists per download, we are unable to offer the 50% Volume Purchase discount.
MathsMath Rockx is being released progressively into countries as we want to make sure we get the product right before making it available in a country. If you’d like your country to be moved up the list, send us an email at email@example.com and we’ll help you out.